A federal judge found police Supt. Jody Weis in contempt of court today and gave him until 8:45 a.m. Monday to release the names of officers who have at least five citizen complaints filed against them since 2000.
Last month, Weis refused a magistrate judge’s order to turn over the papers, saying handing over the names would “compromise officers’ performance, threaten safety, reduce morale and improperly impugn many officers’ otherwise well-deserved good reputations.”
The list is being sought — along with a more specific list of officers with excessive-force complaints filed against them — by attorneys suing the city over an allegation that an officer falsely arrested and used excessive force against two children.
In her lawsuit, Donna Moore claims Officer Robert Smith falsely arrested her 11-year-old son and 13-year-old daughter in 2007 over a playground dispute involving Smith's son. Smith allegedly "physically attacked" the children before they were arrested.
Judge Robert Gettleman ordered Weis to be in court Monday if he does not intend to turn over the lists.
Mayor Daley has backed Weis' decision to not hand over the names.
Flint Taylor, a lawyer for Moore, had asked the judge to issue financial sanctions against the city because of the violation of the judge's order.
This morning, Gettleman accused lead city attorney Terrence Burns of making "incorrect" representations to the court, Taylor said in a prepared statement.
It was revealed in court that the lists include some officers with more than 60 complaints filed against them.
"We are very heartened by Judge Gettleman's strong reaction to Weis and the city's continuing lawless conduct and his finding that their conduct is directly contemptuous of the federal court," Taylor said. "We trust that the city will rethink its potion before Monday and produce the names. We also look forward to questioning Weis about his bad faith conduct and his policy of protecting, rather than rooting out, the department's worst repeaters." _____________________________________________________________________________ Bitch2 Jody isn't doing a stand up thing by not complying there is a hidden agenda .The mayor was backing Jody so you know that some of the mayor's clout babies are probably on the list. Weis doesn't have any ones back.
VEGAS (March 4) - A man tracked down after a video of him sexually assaulting a 2-year-old girl was found in the Nevada desert was convicted Tuesday of that attack and another on a 6-year-old. Chester Arthur Stiles displayed no emotion as guilty verdicts were read against him for 22 felonies, including sexual assault. He faces multiple life prison terms at sentencing, set for May 8. Nineteen of the charges stemmed from acts Stiles videotaped of himself with the toddler in 2003. The jury viewed the graphic video Friday. Outside the presence of the jury, Clark County District Court Judge Jennifer Togliatti called the recorded images "clearly child pornography in its most graphic form." A man gave the videotape to authorities in September 2007, five months after he found it hidden in a desert lot about 60 miles west of Las Vegas. He later pleaded guilty to conspiracy to obstruct a public officer for the delay in turning in the video. With clear evidence of a sex crime on a toddler but neither the victim nor the abuser identified, investigators released images from the video in a nationwide hunt for both people. Stiles, 38, of Las Vegas, was arrested in October 2007 after he was identified as the man in the video and a fugitive in a case involving a 6-year-old girl. Prosecutors said he molested the older child in late 2003. The toddler victim is now 8. Her mother testified she has no recollection of the encounter, which occurred when she lived with a friend's family in an apartment in Las Vegas. The friend's mother was Stiles' girlfriend. Three charges stemmed from allegations that Stiles molested the 6-year-old while he and his girlfriend spent two nights as guests at the girl's Las Vegas home in December 2003. That encounter was not videotaped. But the girl, now 11 and living in Washington state, testified that she awoke before dawn one morning with Stiles kneeling next to her bed and fondling her. The names of the girls are being withheld because The Associated Press typically does not identify victims of sexual abuse. Deputy public defenders Stacey Roundtree and Amy Coffee said after the verdict they will appeal the judge's decisions to let prosecutors show the video, air jailhouse telephone recordings and read Stiles' personal letters to the jury. Stiles also faces federal charges of producing child pornography, which could carry a sentence of 15 to 30 years in federal prison. That trial is set for April 6 in Las Vegas. _________________________________________________________________________________ Bitch2 Anyone who molests or rapes a child should be put to death these predators cannot be rehabilitated. I hope someone shank's this asshole in prison.
We are BITCHES IN BLUE. Not like that is a bad thing. We are strong women, with a fierce love for "the job", a fierce love for family, a fierce loyalty for our friends, and a fierce respect and loyalty for our brother's and sister's in blue. We are patriot's, we are warrior's. We are strong women, that fight the good fight everyday. We believe in truth, justice and the American way. We love our country, we love our job, and most importantly we stand for integrity, truth and reality. We are not women that have sat behind a desk our whole career's, we have fought the noble fight on the streets along side our partner's throughout our career's. We fight for life, liberty and the American way. Right is RIGHT.
Yes we are hot, yes we are beautiful, yes we are the police and most importantly YES we are American's.