Friday, March 6, 2009
WEIS HANDS THE LIST OVER
After being found in contempt of court by a federal judge, Police Supt. Jody Weis said today he has handed over a list of officers who have repeatedly been accused of misconduct.
Earlier this U.S. District Judge Robert Gettleman ordered Weis to appear in court Monday to explain why he has continued to defy the order.
"We have the chief law-enforcement officer of the City of Chicago basically picking and choosing the orders of the federal court that he will obey or disobey, and he's chosen to disobey this order," a transcript quoted Gettleman as saying.
Attorneys for Donna Moore, custodian of two minor children who claim they were beaten by an off-duty detective in 2007, have requested the city's list of "repeat officers," those accused more than five times of misconduct and all those accused of excessive force. Some officers have been accused as many as 65 times, including allegations of excessive force more than 20 times, said Flint Taylor, attorney for the plaintiffs.
Weis said he still disagrees with the judge's decision but feels he must comply. He plans to appear before the judge Monday morning.
He sure did hand that over Quick .He never had our backs or was worried about morale. He has done nothing for us at all ! Your just another puppet for King Daley